I’ve had a fantastic few days campaigning across the UK!
– On Thursday and Friday I met with young climate activists from UK Student Climate Network to talk about their hopes and demands for climate action and a stable future. Thank you to ALL the dedicated young people – who are being let down by Government – that keep fighting for change.
– On Friday night I spoke at the Liverpool Left‘s Climate is a Class Issue. It was inspiring to hear from people in working class communities, similar to my own, about what climate justice means to them.
– On Saturday I met with local climate activists in Crewe for a Q+A, then went campaigning with my brilliant friend and colleague Laura Smith MP.
– Yesterday I spoke at a fantastic Labour for a Green New Deal event in Parliament hosted by Ed Miliband MP. We talked about the practical measures to tackle climate change, and how we work to create an inclusive movement – you can read more here: https://labourlist.org/…/ed-miliband-chairs-labour-for-a-g…/
– And last night, I spoke at the #NotMyPM rally outside Downing Street: joining the people to say that Boris Johnson is not welcome as our PM, and we need a General Election now. The many are being failed by the Tory Government – it’s time for change. You can watch my chat with the Artist Taxi Driver about why I’m not sad to see Theresa May go here.
I’m looking forward to getting back home to Dalkeith on Friday – lots of exciting things happening over recess including my summer surgeries tour and mental health wellness session. Remember, if you’d like to make an appointment just DM my Facebook page, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call my office on 0131 663 9675.